Wednesday 28 May 2014

studio1.1 weblink

http://www.studio1-1.co.uk/artist-in-residence-2011-joshua-raffell/

Fig1
Its important for me to keep looking back. I guess like a anthropologist trying to work out patterns and how we engage with the world around us, the way I do things and why...
Fig2
This work http://joshuaraffell.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/catalogue-for-toaf-2012-by-joshua.html this catalogue was made after my residence, during which time I met many great artist and wanted to collaborate with them. The link is to my old blog, as I forgot the how to login and had to set up a new account. This happens a lot...
Fig3
But I am trying to put everything together and I suppose like my own practice, I build and then tear apart and then rebuild again this is a reflective of my life and work.
Fig4
I wanted to repost this as it was inspired by a show at studio1.1 'Rear view mirror' http://www.studio1-1.co.uk/butler/index.html this show and the Cable St murals are a pertinent reminder as to why we need to vote and keep the fascist out of main stream politics.
Fig5
fig3 has a direct response to a drawing of a horse one of the few remaining preliminary sketches showing at studio1.1.  Just like the original sketches for the mural, I want to show the creative process and different stages to my own work.
Fig6
I also read 'Why Love Matters' by Sue Gerhardt a must for anyone starting out for a family but for anyone who interested in the reasons why the riots of 2011 happened and how attachment theory a babes early development and a need for a care giver and how the loss of a care giver can have terrible results.

Fig7
Also read 'The Making and Breaking of Affectional Bonds by John Bowlby I have become interested in this as it makes me think about my own journey. I have a lot of unanswered questions? so I Guess I try to make sense of what I do know?

Fig8
One of the things that shocks me is just how scary knowledge is and the more I learn, the more I wish I did not know. Seeing how we treat each other and the way intellectual men can cause so much suffering to others. I try and avoid the news as It so bias and never really tell the true story.

Fig9
I get so confused with things that they become merged into one and so the truth becomes lost and confused. I really like the Jerry salts term Clusterfuck Aesthetics, a manic depressive panic attack in the face of information overload. I think that a great description for my work.

Fig10
Please follow the link to see more of my work http://www.studio1-1.co.uk/artist-in-residence-2011-joshua-raffell/

No comments:

Post a Comment